Blades in the Dark
Blades in the Dark is a roleplaying game about a crew of daring scoundrels seeking their fortunes in the haunted industrial-fantasy city of Doskvol. As members of a criminal crew, players must work together to pull off daring heists, assassinations, and other nefarious deeds while navigating the treacherous political landscape of the city. Blades in the Dark features a fully developed setting that combines elements of steampunk, supernatural horror, and gritty urban fantasy.
The game puts the emphasis on the action with a flashback system that encourages players to think on their feet during heists, allowing them to adapt and improvise their plans as they go. There are chases, occult mysteries, dangerous bargains, bloody skirmishes, and, above all, riches to be had—if you’re bold enough to seize them. You and your fledgling crew must thrive amidst the threats of rival gangs, powerful noble families, vengeful ghosts, the Bluecoats of the city watch, and the siren song of your scoundrel’s own vices. Will you rise to power in the criminal underworld? What are you willing to do to get to the top?
In this stand-alone game, you’ll find:
- Rules to create your crew, built from archetypes like Assassins, Bravos, a Cult, Hawkers, Shadows, or Smugglers.
- A unique system that puts the emphasis on teamwork and allows for the growth of the crew or faction as well as the individual characters
- A lightning-fast mechanic for planning criminal operations to cut through the usual slog of planning at the game table.
- Rules for alchemical experiments, gadget tinkering, and weird occult powers—including rules for playing Ghosts and other strange beings.
- A setting guide to the haunted city of Doskvol, with all the maps, factions, NPCs, schemes, and opportunities you need to run an exciting sandbox game.
COMPONENTS AND DETAILS
- Black & white hardcover book, 328 pages.
- PDF included with purchase