GGAZ Painting Contest November 2023
[IN STORE EVENT]
1. Open Registration from November 1st - November 31st 2023.
2. Contest begins November 1st 2023. Participants will have from November 1st - November 31th 2023 to submit a fully painted mini for judging.
3. Cost of Entry: $15 per person per miniature.
4. Winners: Best in Show (decided by panel of judges), People’s Choice (decided by
community voting). Prize payout will now extend to 2nd and 3rd place as well (based on
5. Prizing: Competition 80% of registrations fees will go directly to prize support and will be distributed amongst the winners accordingly. The other 20% will go to support the
store/event staff as well to fund trophies/amenities for the event/etc.
1. The contest miniature will be selected from Gamer’s Guild catalog of 3D printable
miniatures prior to the contest start and will be included with the cost of entry for
2. Model must be painted within the timeframe of the contest. Models painted in any way, excluding primer/zenithal prime, before the start date will not be considered for entry.
3. The format for the contest will be a single model format. Sculpted/printed accent pieces for basing/kit bashing will be allowed but the primary focus should be on a single model.
4. Models must adhere to the Gamer’s Guild code of conduct. Meaning no overtly offensive, sexual, or graphic models will be allowed to be submitted for consideration.
5. Contestants may submit more than one model for consideration. Each model submitted will carry a separate entry fee.
6. Basing will be considered in judging but the primary focus will be on painting skill.
7. Winners will be determined by a panel of judges selected prior to the beginning of the
competition. Open voting will also be held separately at the contest end event to
determine a “people’s choice” winner. Judges are not allowed to participate in the
8. Miniatures will be judged on a 3 tiered rubric which includes the following categories:
Theme: Does the model have a theme/tell a story? Is there any emotion or intent being
conveyed? Is the scheme what you would expect or is it something unique and
Execution: Simply how well is the model painted. Are there any visible mistakes? Is there good volume and contrast? Are there any advanced techniques on display?
Overall Compisition: Do the color choices make sense? Is the model well position on it’s
base? Do all the elements tie together? Is the paint scheme more than the sum of it’s
Each category will be judged on a scale from 1-10. The score from each category will be
combined to give a “total score” which will be used to determine placement.
9. Entry fees will be collected at time of registration and a contestant identifier will be
10. Prizes will be awarded to Best in Show, as well as the People’s Choice winner. Prize
distribution is at the sole discretion of Gamer’s Guild and will be determined by number of participants.